Saturday, July 10, 2010

Think before you complain

This is the story of a man who through a tragic turn of events lost all of his money. A once happy and rich individual happened to have found himself in the middle of the worst thing that could possibly happen to him, the loss of his money. With nothing left and not having the ability to cope with the situation he turned to the rabbi and asked him what he should do. The rabbi told him to go to a rabbi named reb Yosi who lived on a certain street. So the man goes to the street and sees these big houses and is thinking that maybe was such a great man that he set him up with someone to give him a loan till he got back on his feet. So the man goes into the first house and says does reb yosi live here? No he lives farther down the block. Ok so the man keeps walking and he notices that the sizes of the houses are getting smaller and smaller. So he walks into one of the smaller homes and asks if they know where reb yosi lives? He loves farther down the block. So the man continues on and now he really notices that the houses are no longer houses but are more like small caravans. Wishfully he knocks on a door and asks where reb yosi lives. He lives farther down the block. So the man keeps going and eventually he gets to an area where the people there are living outside with huge pieces of cardboard for walls and ceilings. So the man asks if they know where reb yosi lives and they said yeah, he is the last box on the right. So the man goes to the very end of the block where there was a tiny awful looking box and a person with a long beard reading by candle light. This was the most rundown of all the boxes. It was sagging and ripped and warped and leaking. So the man walks up to the reader and asks if he is reb yosi. Yes I am, how can I help you? Well I just had a terrible turn of luck and I’ve been having a rough day and my rabbi told me to come to you for help. Well I’m not sure what your rabbi had in mind. I don’t think there is anything I can help you with. But I’m having such a bad day and week and he said you would help. I don’t know what to say to you because, well, I have never had a bad day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment