Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Its that time of year...

Shalom shalom, its that time of year again and nope I'm not even talking about Elul. Its post israel trauma time, for many of us we spent our summers on incredible highs. Whether you were actually in israel learning or changing peoples lives somewhere else we are all feeling that drop. Schools starting, Elul has begun and I don't know where to turn.
I heard something this morning that shook me up even more that I'd like to share. A rabbi gave over this idea to someone as they where about to board the plane back to the states. He said "look at this trip as a opportunity to see what's truly yours" what did he mean by this? He explained that when a person is in israel or a high place, its almost expected of them to be on that high as well. When your surrounded by torah and its getting pounded into you its hard not to join in. Its when the person leaves, can they only see if that high belongs to them, or was it just created by the environment they where in.
I just got back to the states off of a truly life changing summer, I'm shaken up. I spent my summer surrounded by torah and truly thirsty people. And my job was to supply them the water, and boy where they thirsty. This summer wasn't about finding someone to listen, it was about pushing myself to really give.
But now is the truly hard part. I need to weel back in that hose, and fill it back up. Clean out the parts that got a bit rusted this year. And what better time then now.
I'm telling you hashem worked out this world in such a incredible order. This is EXACTLY! What I need now. I need Elul. I need to recharge, reevaluate, ask myself all those questions my campers asked me and see if the answers I have sit well. In truth I need to take my own advise. How many times do we tell friends to take it slow and take small thing on, are we doing it ourselves.
Let's all take great advantage of Elul and share all our learnings with eachother

No comments:

Post a Comment