Monday, August 23, 2010

Pregnant Women Stepping on Nails

I know many of you probably already read this in Halacha of the Day but for those of you who didn't... I always heard about this but wasn't sure what the exact halacha was:
Reader's Question:
In regard to the halachos about pregnant women not stepping on nails, I'm curious if a pregnant woman would be allowed to get a manicure/pedicure in a nail salon where there are probably nails on the floor.
Is the halacha that one should be careful to dispose of one's nails properly? Or is the halacha that a pregnant woman should be careful not to step on nails
?
Answer:
The halacha is for both the person cutting the nails to be careful, but also for the woman to avoid walking there and endangering her unborn child.
I received the following email from a reader: "A point about nails: R' Shmuel Felder [Shlita, Dayan of Bais Medrash Govoha] told me that a pregnant women should not go into a nail salon (where they give manicures, etc.)."

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here! drug rehab for pregnant mothers

    ReplyDelete